Hello lovely young student leaders! On Thursday, March 23, 2017 ECSLIT held their 3rd online meeting using the Skype business web app from 3:30 – 5:00 pm. We had a great number of attendees packed with interactive-live action games and a wonderful guest speaker.
If you’ve never participated in an ECSLIT online meeting, this is what it’s all about.
Like all of our meetings, we start off with a prayer. This month’s virtue is forgiveness.
Let us also keep in our hearts dearly a member from the Marshall McLuhan Catholic High School community who has passed away.
You guessed it! Its Question time 🙂 Questions appeared on the screen and the first school that types the right answer in the chat box gets a point! The school with the most points at the end will receive snacks at our next ECSLIT Face to Face meeting.
The theme of the questions reflected Canada’s 150th anniversary!
Comment Down Below Your Answers!
^Scroll Down to find out more for this one^
Congrats to St. Bruno for scoring a total of 6 points earning them a first place finish!
Next up, we had our guest speaker Michelle Montegro from a Non-profit organization called ALPHA EDUCATION (Association of Learning and Preserving History of Asia).
*Round of Applause*
Michelle Montegro is a project coordinator and asks young leaders the question…
“How can you be a social activist?”
Some replied being a social activist is creating and inspiring change amongst people and systems!
Now the question asked for that is…
“What type of change maker are you?”
1) Organizer – Has good communication skills, utilizing long deadlines and can see the end goal
2) Advocate – Able to affect laws and make laws. Produces campaigns to influence change
3) Helper – Directly works with the people and communities to inspire and make change
4) Rebel – Able to publicly speak and persuade people to get the message across
*Jesus was a rebel*
5) Create your own title and purpose of being a change maker that suits your personality 🙂
Michelle left us with quotes and a summer camp opportunity!
“Looking into the past to make the future a better place”
“Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a gift…That is why we call it present”
^Comment below on what movie you think this quote was taken from^
Summer Camp Opportunity: http://www.camp-pulse.com/about-p-u-l-s-e
The next game was Guess that Song Challenge!
April, Mike and Nilo read excerpts from song lyrics in a different diction/tone that everyone is not used to hearing. Student leaders were given the challenge to guess the name of the song which was being spoken (vs sung).
1) Take care ~Drake:“I know you’ve been hurt by someone else I can tell by the way you carry yourselfIf you let me, here’s what I’ll do”
2) What Makes You Beautiful ~ 1 Direction:”If only you saw what I can see, You’ll understand why I want you so desperately, Right now I’m looking at you and I can’t believe”
3) Fake Love~ Drake: “Straight up to my face I’ve been down so long it look like up to me They look up to me”
4) Someone Like You ~ Adele: “I wish nothing but the best for you too, Don’t forget me, I beg, I’ll remember you said, Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead”
*ECSLIT ONLINE Freezing for the Black Beatles Challenge :)*
5) Black Beatles ~ Rae Srummerd: “That girl is a real crowd pleaser, Small world, all her friends know me, Young bull livin’ like an old geezer Release the cash, watch it fall slowly”
On our Final Note, we discussed our upcoming huge event ILITE (Intermediate leaders in training event)!
There is going to be almost 2000+ leaders present that day and we hope to see you there!
Our Next ECSLIT FACE TO FACE Meeting: Thursday, April 6, 2017
Our Next ECSLIT ONLINE Meeting: Thursday, April 20, 2017
Thank you to all the teachers, students, and guest speaker that made this meeting possible! Moreover, thank you for the constant dedication to make an appearance for these meetings!
Take care till next time 🙂
-Nilo & April