November ECSLIT Meeting

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2019

We started a new tradition, for now on opening prayer will be lead by a different elementary school. This month we have student leaders from Our Lady of Assumption.

Thank you Our Lady of Assumption for leading us in prayer.
BOARD WELCOME

After Michael Consul’s fun icebreaker activity, Associate Director of Education Dan Koenig congratulated all the young leaders for their participation. He spoke about how amazing it is to see such young people taking a leadership role in their school.

Screenshot 2019-11-10 at 11.22.51 PMAssociate Director of Education Dan Koenig speaking to the TCDSB students.

GUEST SPEAKER

Matthew Jones (a.k.a Testament) was October’s guest speaker. He reminded ECSLIT “You are not only the leaders of tomorrow but also the leaders of today.” Testament encouraged students to create change as part of their faith.

Screenshot 2019-11-10 at 11.22.38 PMGuest speaker Testament presenting to students from across the school board.

One of the highlights of the night was Testament’s freestyle.

MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Time for pizza! This also gave students time get their newspaper chairs ready. This month’s monthly challenge was to build a chair out of newspapers and tape. The chair that could hold the most weight wins! 

Screenshot 2019-11-10 at 11.22.19 PM
Congratulations to St. Charles for building the strongest newspaper chair!

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Michael Consul gave his monthly quote of the month emphasizing that leadership is not about a title or having a position, rather it was about how much you care.

STUDENT VOICE

Makeda and Chris our CSLIT Directors of elementary affairs explained the importance of student voice and how it shapes decisions made at the board level. ECSLIT students were asked to fill out a survey asking 2 questions.

Survey results will be compiled and presented to the board of trustees at a December board meeting so that senior staff are aware of the needs and areas of concern for elementary students.

TEACHER CHALLENGE

On November 15th, 2019, the Angel Foundation Snowball Gala will be taking place and one lucky ECSLIT will be able to attend (10 students).

To determine which school gets to attend, the winner this month’s teacher challenge will get to attend the gala.

Congratulations to Mr. Choe and the students at St. Victor! Look how glamours they looked at the gala.

DECEMBER STUDENT CHALLENGE

Excited to see you at our next monthly meeting

December 5th, 2019, 4:30-6:30

2nd Floor Atrium

Follow us on instagram for updates!

@ecslit_tcdsb