RECAP : CSLIT Online Meeting Tuesday, Oct. 27, 2020

Our third CSLIT online meeting happened on Tuesday, October 27, 2020 on YouTube LIVE. Here’s a quick recap. 

The meeting was hosted by our Student Trustees Kathy Nguyen (Madonna) and Keith Baybayon (Marshall McLuhan).

Let’s see who’s in the house! Big props to Cardinal Carter for having the most student leaders in attendance. 

Julia the CSLIT Faith Rep, lead the opening prayer. Can you notice the common costume theme?

Michael Consul discussed about what you focus on expands. In summary, he means is to try not to focus on the things you don’t have rather than focusing on the things you do have. And how having an attitude of gratitude is one of the best qualities of a leader. 

Gratitude helps us see what is there instead of what isn't. Embrace  gratitude. Beautiful … | Attitude of gratitude quotes, Gratitude quotes,  Gratitude affirmations

Our board welcome this month was from Trustee Ida Li Preti. She talked about the importance of student voice and how we can all make a difference.  

Icebreaker time! 7 statements is a way for us to get to know each other better, even if we’re from different schools all remotely connecting from different places.  

In the chat box, the audience completed various statements like….”My favourite part of CSLIT is…..” or “My first Catholic Student Leadership event was….” If was interesting to read everyone’s responses. 

Next, we had guest speaker Glen Reyes from the H4. The H4 community focuses on achieving your goals by creating a happy and healthy habits through the following student lead communities (presented by the student leaders that run H4).
The Mentorship program was presented by Gia. The program gives students the opportunity to build one-on-one meaningful relationship with your peers leaders while learning about topics such as SMART Goals and the importance of gratitude. 

Stephanie is the director of recruitment. The ambassador program allows students to create great content, meet new people, and work with students across the board to develop new programs for students by students. 

Allyana is the director of business development. H4 has designed virtual assemblies that take place on the first Wednesday of each month. These student run assemblies can happen at any school willing to host this engaging and interactive virtual gathering. 

Pearly is leading a new program called H4 Wellness. The goal is this program is to spread positivity and be a positive outlet for people who lives have been impacted by the pandemic.

Jada is part of the H4 design team. H4 Doodles Diary is a program that helps students expand their creativity. Each Monday their Instagram page will be posting a word and your job is to create an art piece of your choice that reflects that word. Art pieces will be featured on the H4 instagram account.  Be sure to hashtag #dooodlediaries!

Keith is the lead for H4 Impact. Keith talked about the strength of student voice and encourages other students to create post based on social justice issues that they are passionate about and use social media spread awareness & make an impact. Use #H4Impact. 

It’s game time! Members of our CSLIT Exec compete to see which team can get the most points as they battle in Pictionary. The audience can also play along and win prizes if they are the first person to type in the correct answer in the chat box.

Can you guess what online game this is? Answer below.

Time to give a way a pizza. Who will enjoy a large pizza and 2 toppings delivered to their doorstep? (Note: the drawing above was the online game “Among Us.” Notice that every Exec member is dressed as an Among Us character).

Julia the CSLIT Faith Rep, lead the closing payer to end the meeting.

On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 is our next meeting. Hope to see all of you there!

We hope that you enjoyed the CSLIT Online meeting. Remember to join us next time!