On November 3, we had our second ECSLIT meeting of 2015-2016 which was held at the Catholic Education Centre (80 Sheppard Ave. E.). We want to thank all the schools who participated that evening! Without you amazing student leaders and teachers we would not have had as much fun as we did that night!
Here is a recap on what happend:
We loved seeing familiar and NEW faces at our second E-CSLIT!
Before we got the night rolling, we all put our hands together to pray this prayer for peace
After the prayer we played….
WAFFLES. WAFFLES. WAFFLES. WAFFLES.
Yes, waffles. Such a weird name for an icebreaker, don’t you think? Aside from its name, we had a blast playing waffles, which was lead by one of our Director’s of Elementary Affairs, Meghan.
Allison Gacad – Student Trustee – gave us insight on how she developed the leadership skills that have brought her to where she is today. Allison reminds us to continue cultivating our leadership skills and to strive to become the bright leaders of the future!
Ms.Gonsalvez spoke to us about the virtue of the month of November—Peace.
What time is it?
PIZZA TIME!!! This time, we had the student leaders eat pizza earlier!! They were definitely energized for the rest of the meeting!!
While eating pizza, each school had a representative reveal their toilet paper roll car! The goal was to make a toilet paper roll car that would reach the farthest distance when let go (not pushed) from the top of a ramp. Each school had 2 chances to put their cars to the test!
Tell us in the comment section below if YOUR school won the fastest Toilet Paper Car Contest!
Challenge #1: Stack Attack
– Teachers had to make a pyramid out of the cups.
– Then they had to collect the cups into one stack.
– EAST END: 1 pts!
Challenge #2: Separation Anxiety
– Teachers had to separate the different colours in a pack of Skittles into the cups…one by one with one hand!
– EAST END: 1 pts! (They were on a roll!)
Challenge #3: Rapid Fire
– This had to be the loudest part of our night!
– Teachers had to use a rubber band slingshot to knock down the cups stacked in a pyramid.
– West end was very close… they had to knock out one cup for about 10 min!!
– Teachers got on their knees, trying to knock down all of the cups.
– But east end was able to catch up and were the first to knock down all the cups!!
– EAST END: 1 pts! (A TRIPLE WIN!)
Congratulations East End!!! Awesome work West End!!!
GLEN REYES, our guest speaker, spoke to us about How Hip Hop Helps (H4)
NEXT FACE-TO-FACE MEETING
WHEN? Tuesday, December 1
WHERE? Catholic Education Centre
TO DO LIST
Bring a uni-sex wrapped Kris Kringle gift (worth $2) for gift exchange!!!
ONLINE MEETING (Thursday, November 19)
- Go to catholicstudentleadership.com
- 3:30 preshow
- 3:45 meeting time
Click HERE for more details (: