Lead to Succeed – CSLIT Weekend 2018

During the last weekend of summer 2018, forty high school students from various schools across the TCDSB attended the annual CSLIT weekend at Camp Olympia.
The weekend was filled with purpose. According to Greg Rogers, it all started 20 years ago, and it’s a opportunity where student trustees and members of CSLIT can plan the direction of Catholic Student Leadership programming for the upcoming school year. In addition it’s a great time to build bonds and friendships with like-minded student leaders.

Throughout the weekend, students engaged in various exciting activities to really take a step out of their comfort zones. They climbed to new heights on the high ropes and soared through the air on the giant swing.
Students also participated in various activities such as blindfolded dodgeball, basketball games, and even had the chance to fly high in an inuit blanket toss. Camp O would not be complete without impromptu and spontaneous singing and dancing! Whether it was in the field-house, soccer field, camp fire, or dining hall, you can feel and hear the energy of these top-notch TCDSB student leaders.

The CSLIT weekend was truly a success, according to Michael Consul, it gave student leaders and CSLIT reps from across the board the opportunity to network and share best practices. Additionally, it allowed Student Trustees to gather student voice from students representing various schools across the TCDSB.
Overall, the CSLIT weekend was a memorable and unforgettable experience for the 40 high school students as it let them build friendships with other student leaders to promote collaboration and teamwork. After all, as John Maxwell once said: “Leaders become great, not because of their power, but their ability to empower others”.

Link to the CSLIT weekend video

One thought on “Lead to Succeed – CSLIT Weekend 2018

Add yours

1. As always, thank you to all who make such wonderful things happen.

Take care and have a great weekend!

Peace, Joy, Hope, Charity, Appreciation and Humility, Steve De Quintal Teacher, St. Mary Catholic Academy, 66 Dufferin Park Ave. Toronto, Ontario M6H-1J6. 416-393-5528 ext. 84293 “that they may have life and have it to the full.” ***You can always email but a call or a visit will get a quicker response*** ________________________________